May 10, 2018

{Review} Corrupt by Jessica Prince

Corrupt (Civil Corruption)Corrupt by Jessica Prince
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
GENRE: Contemporary
THEME: Romance, Angst, Rock Band
RECEIVED: Bought
Corrupt (Civil Corruption)
Corrupt (Civil Corruption)
by Jessica Prince
4.15
 · 498 Ratings · 132 Reviews

BLURB:
Garrett Wilder is rich, famous, and totally bad for me. After one night that ended with me wanting to punch him in his face, the self-absorbed rockstar has become a permanent fixture in my life...
Whether I like it or not.

Now I’m forced to see him every day, and that shield I put up to protect my heart is quickly crumbling to the ground. I’ve gone from hating him to craving him. And the scariest part is that he feels the same.

He wants to know me.
He wants to own me.
He wants to corrupt me.

And if I’m not careful...
I just might let him.

REVIEW:

I was an absolute mess reading this book and loved every minute of it! Prince is a new author to me and I randomly came across this book in my kindle unlimited recommendations and boy was I a happy reader.

Ladies and Gents gird your loins while reading this book because its one hell of a roller coaster of emotional romance and rock star heaven. This is the first book in the Civil Corruption series, there is going to be four total as there are four band members to get addicted too, and they are sexy as *bleep*.

Anyways this story follows the sweetly heartbroken Gwen, she has been hit with one blow after another, losing both her parents and trying to start fresh in a new city with her bestie. She takes a chance at a party that is supposedly hosted by a popular band. But feeling way out of her comfort zone, she leave the chaos of party to go to a quite part of the house, where she runs into Garrett. Unknown to her, he's the drummer for the band whose throwing the party. They have a connection, they talk and bond through the night. But its not the same the next morning when reality hits and Gwen is face with the *real* Garrett. But life takes a crazy turn when she finds out after their night together she has another shocker to add to her list.

There is a lot of ups and downs for Gwen and Garrett, they may have a connection but Gwen has seen a side of Garrett that she is determined to have nothing to do with. And frankly I didn't blame her one bit. I would do exactly what she did in her position. Gwen is very headstrong and independent, she is loyal, passionate and has such a good heart for her friends and family. I hurt for her when she was hurting and wanted her to find happiness for her and Liddy.

Garrett is a jerk and as the reader you will not like him for a lot of reason, redemption is key for him and he has a lot to make up for. But he is surrounded by so many negative things, the life of a celebrity is anything but happy, there are drugs, groupies, corrupt media and people who supposedly are suppose to help you, and don't. So I was sometimes on his side but mostly 80% on Gwen side of things.

In the end I loved this story because neither of these characters are perfect, they are both trying to do their best and sometimes they fail without trying too. The secondary characters are freaking perfect, I loved Gwen's bestie and Garrett's bodyguard, they added a great amount of cuteness and humor. Then there are the other members of the band, they are all extremely flawed and a hot mess, so I can't wait to see where their stories take them.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment