Nov 13, 2014

{Review} of Echoes of Scotland Street by Samantha Young

Echoes of Scotland Street by Samantha Young
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

GENRE: Romance
THEME: Contemporary
RECEIVED: Bought

BLURB:
Shannon MacLeod has always gone for the wrong type of man. After she drifted from one toxic relationship to the next, her last boyfriend gave her a wakeup call in the worst possible way. With her world shattered, she’s sworn off men—especially those of the bad-boy variety.

Cole Walker is exactly the sort that Shannon wants to avoid—gorgeous, tattooed, charming, and cocky. But his rough exterior hides a good man who’s ready to find “the one.” He’s determined to pull Shannon from her self-imposed solitude and win her heart.

As Shannon opens up in the face of Cole’s steady devotion, the passion between them ignites to blazing levels. But when Shannon’s past comes back to haunt her, her fears may destroy the trust Cole has built between them—and tear them apart for good…

REVIEW:

I can’t believe its already been five books in the On Dublin Street series! I love this series so much and each time I fall deep into the romance and complex lives that the two leads have. I was even more excited to see how Cole grew up after what he and his sister went through, where she found love and Cole was finally safe with his sister. I new this was going to be one smoking hot alpha but totally didn’t expect the awesomeness that he came to be.

Echoes of Scotland Street follows Shannon MacLeod who has always picked the wrong guy. Needing to get away and start over, she applies for a job away from her disapproving family and bad memories, at a tattoo shop with some really colorful characters. Shannon meets Cole, a boy from her past and someone who she officially dubs as a “bad boy” and just like all her other boyfriends. Meaning she wants to steer clear of him at all cost. But Cole is not what he seems and slowly opens Shannon up. But her past doesn’t seem to want to leave her and the wall that Cole was knocking down starts to come back between them.

Shannon has always gone for the wrong guy; the last one did something so bad that her brother ended up being put in jail because of it. She is definitely the type to judge a book by it’s cover, which she immediately does with Cole. He looks like a “bad boy” and has the sex appeal that screams he’s trouble. Even though I wish Shannon would of opened up a bit more to people, I still liked her. I understood why she is afraid, her family has shunned her and her only support (her brother) is in jail. It’s tough to see the good after so much bad. But don’t get me wrong Shannon frustrated me when it came to Cole, because sometimes she was a little too harsh and judgmental.

Cole, aww Cole…. Such a sweetheart and I adored him when he was a kid. He and Shannon actually met when they were kids, even sparks flew back then, but of course Shannon always chose the wrong boy in the end. Cole has grown up and become a successful tattoo artist; he’s the most talented of his group at the shop. For Cole he knows that Shannon is the young girl he met years ago, he wants to see if there is still some spark in there. But they have a rocky start, even though the sexual tension is intense, they both have to find away around Shannon’s shield.

Overall I loved this next chapter in the series, I swear each one I read becomes my favorite…so I have to say once again this is my favorite by far. All the new characters introduced are fantastic from Shannon’s roomie Rae to fellow friend Simon, Stu, Tony and Logan, they are easy to love and made me smile with their humorous moments. The old gang from the previous books are all back as well, because since Coles involved there is no doubt his sister would be back to make sure he’s happy. I can’t wait for the next in the series and look forward to being reunited again with my favorite group of romance characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment