Oct 17, 2019

{Review} The Alchemist and an Amaretto by Annette Marie

The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #5)The Alchemist and an Amaretto by Annette Marie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
GENRE: Paranormal
THEME: Werewolves, Mages, Fae
The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #5)
The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #5)
by Annette Marie

4.48 · 703 Ratings · 117 Reviews

BLURB:

As a guild bartender, I can handle pretty much anything--mages, sorcerers, witches, the occasional demon. But show me anything family-related and I'd rather run for the hills. It doesn't even have to be my family.

So I have no idea why I thought spending the holidays with Aaron's mom and pop was a good idea.

Meeting his famous parents is already terrifying enough, but I've got a bigger problem. Students of his family's renowned mage academy are being attacked on the grounds--and somehow no one has seen a single assailant? Unexplained tracks litter the nearby woods, rumors of forbidden alchemy are circulating the campus...and Ezra has been acting strangely since we arrived.

Something deadly is brewing in the shadow of Sinclair Academy, and the longer we take to uncover it, the more dangerous it becomes. But no matter the risk, we'll protect the students.

And Aaron's parents too, I suppose. If we have to.

REVIEW:



EZRA!!! I love this guy so freaking much! This book was all his, I swear so much else goes on but my heart and all the feels just keeping coming back to this poor guy. Give him some love Marie!

Anywho this book follows our favorite trio of Mage with Tori to Aarons family home and academy. Along with Sin, Tori is mesmerized by the Sinclairs castle, yes its a castle. The students and staff are prudish and Tori must hold back as much as she can so that she doesn't punch a kid in the face. But the snobbishness isn't the only problem, there are beast scaring and attacking people around the castle and when one of their own is threatened Trio and the gang get ready for battle one of their strongest foes.

There was so much I loved about this book, this series is one of my top three favorite paranormal series to date. I love the sass of Tori, the girl power bffness with her and Sin. How much the friendship Aaron, Kai and Eza mean to each other, these guys will do anything to protect strangers but each other they will go through hell and back. Plus those boys adore Tori to pieces, friend goals!! I liked seeing more about how much Aaron has grown, how his family always seems to trigger something in him. The team works together to fight his "demons" and Ezras. But what captured me the most about this book was Ezra, Marie is getting deep into his demon side this time around and also showing the connection he and Tori have. I'm a big shipper for this two, I have wanted them together since the beginning so I'm holding out hope for these two.

The big bads are crazy dangerous and I felt were even scarier that the demons and crazy mages they have fought. I liked the plot twist and the scary moment the group has because, boy the close calls had me cleaning on the my kindle hard. It's all action packed, family drama and friendship goodness. I can't wait for the next one, I need me some more Ezra!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment