Sep 1, 2019

{Review} Black Sheep by Meghan March

Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1)Black Sheep by Meghan March
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
THEME: Mafia/Crime/Suspense
Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1)
Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1)
by Meghan March

4.46 · 1,299 Ratings

BLURB:

Every family has a black sheep.
In the infamous Casso crime family, that black sheep is me—Cannon Freeman.
Except I’m not a free man. I’ve never been free. Not since the day I was born.
I owe my loyalty to my father, Dominic Casso, even if he won’t publicly acknowledge me as his blood.
I’ve never had a reason to go against his wishes… until I met her.
Drew Carson turned my world upside when she walked into my club looking for a job.
Now, my honor and my life are on the line.
Going against my father’s wishes might buy me a bullet straight from his gun, but black sheep or not, it’s time to make my stand.
She's worth the fallout.

REVIEW:

As always March knows how to pull me into her writing with ease, her fantastic characters, dark dangerous elements, smoking hot chemistry and a story line that keeps you guessing with every twist.

Black sheep follows Cannon Freeman and Drew Carson, two people on opposites side of the law, well so Drew thinks. She is trying to get close to the Casso Mafia family and her way in is a very exclusive cigar club for the rich and secretive. Cannon owns the club and his father, who is the head of the Casso family and the most dangerous man in town, he hold his meetings at the club. However unknown to Drew, Cannon doesn't see eye to eye with his fathers ways, he is clean in comparison and Drew slowly learns that he is everything she was expecting and more. But as their world collide and Drews secrets start to unravel and she starts falling more and more for Cannon, her life may be put on the line, and all because she wanted Cannon's father to pay for his sins.

I absolutely loved this story, serious couldn't get enough of the connections to the past books and characters as well as the romance between Drew and Cannon. The twist and surprises that happened throughout were fantastic. I was worried about Drews secret slowly getting reveled piece by piece because of her growing weakness for Cannon. But Cannon is an alpha male of sweetness, I adored him to pieces and felt for him with his strain in his relationship with his father and his half brother, whom many readers will know from past books. I wanted him to feel like he had a place to feel connected and with Drew, he finally got that.

In the end there are so many great secondary characters, I have already read the second in the duet and loved how much more deep we get with the characters introduced in this first half. I also loved getting more into Dominic Casso's world, he is an interesting character to himself, especially his relationships with Cannon as his father and his other children. The ending is a cliffhanger as expected and it will have you holding your breath until you read the next. Prepare yourself for some awesomeness!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment