Nov 26, 2018

{Review} The Fixer by Jessica Gadziala

The FixerThe Fixer by Jessica Gadziala
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
THEME: Suspense / Criminal
RECEIVED: KU
The Fixer
The Fixer
by Jessica Gadziala

4.28 · 1,561 Ratings · 184 Reviews

BLURB:

AVEN-

There are a few things I don’t believe in. Like Santa. An honest politician. And gut instincts.

That was, of course, until I woke up with one.

And I knew.

This was the day I was going to die.

The cops, thus far, have proven useless and uninterested in my issues. When you couldn’t get help from legal channels, what other choice did you have but to look elsewhere?

That was how I came across Quinton Baird.

A “fixer.”

Whatever the hell that was.

All I knew was, I had a problem that needed fixing.

Hopefully, before it killed me.

QUIN-

There were a few things I could put my faith to rest in. My team. People f*cking up, and needing my help. And my gut.

So when my receptionist informed me that the woman in a case I decided wasn’t my kind of job was having a ‘gut feeling’ about being in desperate need of help, yeah, I dragged my a** across town to check things out.

Not only did I not bank on the fact that she was in trouble beyond what I could have anticipated, but she was not what I was expecting either. Beautiful, resilient, and one hell of a distraction I didn’t need.

As the pieces of her case start falling together, I was left wondering if maybe this new, unfamiliar sensation in my gut was telling me that Aven was much more than just another name on a case file…

REVIEW:

This is my new favorite series, I have read all that are out now and I have to say, I love this world that Gadziala has created.

The Fixer follows Aven who is put in a horrible situation after a stalker of hers goes too far and she is scared for her life, it causes her to take drastic measures. She then calls in Quin Baird and Associates to handle what they do best, fix situations that need to be kept out of normal legal channels. When Quin meets Aven she is desperate for help, he feels a pull to help her especially after a colleague of his pushes her case to him. When he comes to help her he finds her situation went from stalking to murder and he needs to act fast.

I loved Quin and his team, a really crazy bunch of men and women but they seriously know their stuff. Mostly all military backgrounds, each person has their own specialty. With Quin he can fix anything, especially with the crime in Navesink being the way it is, the high society member will pay a pretty penny to cover up a lot of thing that Quin can make disappear or fix.

Quin and Aven are an interesting pair, she is alone and extremely innocent. Quin is not a hero but ends up becoming one for Aven. I loved these two together because neither knew they needed someone, everything was unexpected and they who team pretty much adopted Aven.

Overall I highly recommend this series, the romance is hot as heck and the story will keep you on your toes with suspense. The secondary characters are what made this story even much more addicting especially since many of them get their own story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment