Feb 15, 2012

{Review} of Vampire Blues by Stephany Simmons

Vampire Blues (Lian and Figg #2)Vampire Blues by Stephany Simmons
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

GENRE: Urban Fantasy
THEME: Werewolves, Ghost, Vampires
RECEIVED: For Review from Author
AUTHORS BLOG: Stephany Simmons Blog


BLURB:
Lian and Figg are still recovering from events that almost destroyed their lives, but when a good friend comes to them with a serious problem, they can't turn him away. Soon, Lian and Figg are neck-deep in local vampire politics and framed for a massacre they had little to do with. On top of that, the local werewolf pack is sniffing around, looking for favors.

REVIEW:
Once again Stephany Simmons writes a story that keeps me begging for more. Bringing back her duo Lian and Figg for an even more action packed story, along with romance and characters that I loved with every turn of the page. So far this is my number one book I’ve read in the New Year, it had everything I love about Urban Fantasies.

After all that happened in the first novel Voodoo Dues, you would think that Figg and Lian could catch a break. But when one of their friends is threaten and vampires get involved, the two get put right in the middle of some dangerous vampire shenanigans. To top it off the local werewolf pack also needs them and even more so since a certain someone was turned in the last book.

Figg is back in action and as dangerous as ever with her heels in tow.  Figg fits the perfect persona for a kick butt heroine, she takes on not only vampires but also deals with the werewolves who seem to be hanging around. I love this girl, she’s just all around snarky and really knows how to either make good friends or make some fantastic enemies.  Plus with Lian by her side not only protecting her but also making her weak at the knees, these two have some great scenes together.

Lian has definitely grown up a little and more open to communicating with people.  With being all alpha and protective with Figg, he makes for a seriously good ally with all his connections and knowledge. And can I just add there is one awesomely sexy scene with him and Figg that also made me laugh because of her frustration. This guy really knows how to push and pull all her buttons.

Carl is back in action as well, always making me smile with his friendly gay ghost pal from the 70s. An awesome new addition is Skip, who is in every way not the drop dead gorgeous vampire all the girls love. But he’s an extremely smart and all around nice vampire guy.

Overall there’s action, mystery, romance and a storyline that keeps the heart pumping. I can’t emphasis enough how much I love this series and the characters that the keep me wanting more. I highly recommend this series and really can’t wait to read the next one!

RECOMMENDATION:
This is a sharp, witty, action packed short story. You will laugh out loud and you will be turning pages as fast as you can to see what happens next. Fans of Jennifer Estep and Rachel Caine will love this series by Stephany Simmons.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review. Love the name of the book.

    Btw, I've tagged you!

    Here's my post!

    Ning

    ReplyDelete