Sep 7, 2021

{Review} Relentless by Adriana Locke

Relentless by Adriana Locke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
THEME: Office Romance
Relentless (Mason Family, #4)
Relentless (Mason Family, #4)
by Adriana Locke
4.45
 · 614 Ratings · 233 Reviews

BLURB: 

“I had to sneeze.”

I should’ve taken her insurance information and driven off like any reasonable CEO with places to be would.

She crashed into my car, for heaven’s sake. Because she had to sneeze.

What did I do? I didn’t get in my car and drive away, if that’s what you’re thinking.

Nope. I stuck around. I could suggest I stayed because she needed help, but the truth? She was really, really hot.

We became fast friends. Then friends with benefits. Before I knew it, we were involved in an illicit office romance that had me fumbling through a drawerful of panties to get a Post-It.

It was supposed to be easy—a fling, if you will. A dashing millionaire hero (*adjusts tie*) and a beautiful (stubborn, frustratingly independent, hell-on-wheels) damsel in distress. (Don’t tell her I said that.)

It wasn’t supposed to be forever, but we did want a happy ending. (Pun intended.) We could’ve made it work, too.

But one of us overcomplicated things with the L-word. And the other? They omitted a truth that changed everything.


REVIEW:

I'm such a fan of Adriana Locke's Landry family series, so I highly recommend her Mason Family series. The great family dynamic and of course drama, sibling humor at its best and of course the romance is off the charts!

Relentless is the 4th book in the Mason family series, following Oliver Mason, the CEO or should I say Co-CEO of Mason Limited. The Mason men are falling left and right for the right woman but Oliver has been hurt in the fast by someone he thought he was going to marry. Then Shaye runs into him, in the literal sense as her car hits his. The sparks fly but Shaye is avoiding any kind of guy at the moment due to her past husbands betrayal and other issues with him. But they two were meant to meet and when Shaye walks into a job interview she is surprised to see the man she turned away from the small car accident, Oliver.

I love office romances and Shaye and Oliver have this instant connection right off. Even though they try and keep it professional, each day is becoming more and more difficult. Along with the fact both have been burned pretty harshly in the past. Oliver is dealing with his dad acting strangely, problems with some of the jobs they have going on in the company, along with his brothers being their normal pain in the butt. While Shaye is trying to keep herself from drowning in debt, working two jobs and avoiding the attraction between her boss and her.

I adored this book, its my favorite in the series so far, I loved the development and drama on the family side. Showing that no family no matter how they look are perfect. That both leads are trying to move on from their scared pasts and just overall the steamy moments that were just fire! Locke knows her readers and knows how much we love this family. I'm really wanting Wade's book like yesterday now, this grump needs someone to add some excitement to his life.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment