Jan 8, 2014

{Review} of Quintessentially Q by Pepper Winters

Quintessentially Q by Pepper Winters
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

GENRE: Romance Mature
THEME: Contemporary
RECEIVED: Bought

BLURB:
“All my life, I battled with the knowledge I was twisted… fucked up to want something so deliciously dark—wrong on so many levels. But then slave fifty-eight entered my world. Hissing, fighting, with a core of iron, she showed me an existence where two wrongs make a right."

Tess is Q’s completely. Q is Tess’s irrevocably. But now, they must learn the boundaries of their unconventional relationship, while Tess seeks vengeance on the men who sold her. Q made a blood-oath to deliver their corpses at Tess’s feet, and that’s just what he’ll do.

He may be a monster, but he’s Tess’s monster.

REVIEW: 
After reading the very intensely dark Tears of Tess the first in the Monsters in the Dark series, I was intrigue to see how much Tess and Q would grow and learn from each other after the decision made in the last book. This book is definitely much darker and very graphic compared to book one, so be prepared before starting this. I’m not a fan of books this graphic and mature but I wanted to continue their story. Tess and Q are challenged beyond words and I was holding my breath after each turn of the page. I can say the Winters knows how to create a dark and very emotionally driven plot very well.

Quintessentially Q follows Tess and Q who are both learning how to be in a relationship. Q is trying to not be the monster he fears that is inside himself and Tess is trying not to push Q too far or become a monster herself. But when the fear of Tess’s horrible past comes and takes her a way, both are challenge with the their monsters taking over and their lives being forever changed.

Tess has changed a lot sense being kidnapped in the first book; she has not only grown tougher but also dominant when it comes to the romance. She is hoping to open up Q to a more romantic side but not taking away his darker side too much. In this book something happens to Tess that I felt was far worse than the first book, I was sadden and scared for her through each agonizing moment that she was away from Q. It took a lot to read through but I was hoping that Q would find a way to bring Tess back to who she was and whom he loved.

Q is a man of dark desires but he hates what he likes and his heart has grown more for Tess over the time. Tess is the one person who may be able to release him of the monster within. But his relationship is put to the ultimate test when Tess goes missing and he has to make a choice to give a piece of himself to her that he never thought he would.

Overall I was a little taken back by the graphic nature and it took me a while to read through what was happening to Tess. I know that this happens in real life and it makes me angry at the people who do this, I hope one day they will all get caught and more people like Q are out there to help the victims. This story has a great ending; it focuses on the importance of Tess and Qs deep relationship and understanding of each other. There is also a third book that is coming out that will show a happier side I hope and I look forward to concluding this series.


RECOMMENDATION:
This is an adult novel with sexual content and violence meant for mature readers 21+. Fans of any Captive by A.D. Robertson and Claimed by Stacey Kennedy will enjoy Quintessentially Q.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment