Sep 25, 2013

{Review} of Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

GENRE: Mature Romance
THEME: Contemporary
RECEIVED: Bought

BLURB:
Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life.

REVIEW:

Keeping up the pace and continuing the Fifty Shade series, I find myself actually enjoying this it a bit more than the first. As I mentioned in my review for the first book, I wanted to see what I was supposedly missing out on. My friends and family have told me I need to read this whole series, so here I am.

Fifty Shades Darker follows once again Anastasia Steel who has just ended her strange relationship with the darkly beautiful entrepreneur Christian Grey. She takes a job working in publishing while trying to recover from the loss of the one man who she has trouble resisting. But temptation and connection can’t keep them apart long. And in every relationship there is baggage and past demons, which seem to want to make trouble for these two lovers.

Anastasia is still a strong and an easy to connecting character, though I felt the strength in her decision to leave Christian should of last a lot longer. I wished she could of held out from falling back into his arms, even though he did realize that he lost the one thing that he never thought he’d miss. Ana has to deal with not only Christians past demons such as old Submissive’s but also the annoying Mrs. Robinson aka Elena. But what happens to this bothersome character made me cheer so much that I knew already I was enjoying this book more and more as I went on. In the end Ana follows her heart no matter the paths it seems to be taking her into, which will surprise the readers.

Christian is still complex and horribly scarred from his past demons, but I feel he’s finally realizing what he needs and can have in life. There is still a lot he has to learn from Ana. But in the end her strength keeps him strong. He’s still a pain when it comes to being overbearing and protective but it felt okay for some of the situations that occur in this book. His character is definitely growing up and also making some big changes in his life.

Lastly the sexual aspects of this series are still of course prominent and highly focused on. Sometimes I felt they were unnecessary but other times I felt it was how these two helped mend the wounds of the chaos in their lives. In the end this will depend on the reader, but I was able to overlook the too many sexual scenes and enjoyed the character development this time around. Of course read at your own risk, as it is highly sexual and intense. I will be continuing the series to see what happens next for these two complex characters.

RECOMMENDATION:

This is an adult novel meant for mature readers over the age of 18, for its sexual content. I’m not one to recommend this type of story, so if your wanting to know what all the hype is about then do as I did.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment