Jan 30, 2013

{Review} of Seeds of Discover by Breeana Puttroff

Seeds of Discovery by Breeana Puttroff
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

GENRE: YA Fantasy
THEME: Magic/Romance
RECEIVED: Amazon
AUTHORS BLOG: Breeana Puttroffs' Site

BLURB:
What would you sacrifice to find true love and save a kingdom?

Quinn Robbins has never noticed William Rose at Bristlecone High School – not until the night she almost runs him down in her car. After that, she never stops noticing him. Because William is different than the other boys…

Why does a high school senior always have his nose buried in medical journals?
And how does he keep disappearing down by the river every Friday night?

When William starts to show up in her dreams, she is unsure if her curiosity has turned into obsession – or if there is something more mysterious going on.

Unable to rest, Quinn follows William to the river one Friday night…and discovers something startling – something she thought could only exist in a fairytale.

Uh oh, Quinn. 1st Period History will never be the same!
REVIEW:
Seeds of Discovery is a cute and magical introduction of the first book in the Dusk Gate Chronicles. There was a lot of mystery as the lead character discovers a world beyond her world.

Seeds of Discovery follows Quinn Robins a young high school girl who takes on a lot of responsibility. After an accident one stormy night, she becomes curious of her fellow classmate William when he disappears from the scene. Her curiosity takes over and she follows William into another world and finds out why William has always been so secretive.

Quinn at the beginning you can already tell is a smart, responsible and well-rounded young girl. I liked how she was always helping her mother out and really had a strong relationship with her siblings. On the other hand I thought she made some questionable actions throughout the story. First there is a scene in the beginning where she sees a car pulled off the road, after she thought she almost hit someone. She leaves her younger sister in the car to check it out. As a younger sister my mother would of screamed at my older sister if she left me alone in the car to check out a strange car. Another was how curious she became of William after one encounter, almost obsessive. I didn’t quite understand the need to find out more about him. Other than that I curious to see what she does next after her discovery and now trying to go back to her normal life.

There was actually quite a bit of characters introduced for a first book. I really enjoyed Williams’s family and how welcoming they were to Quinn. My favorite had to be Thomas, I almost feel like he should have been the male lead instead of William; he had more of that spark I look for. Even though I always like romance in my books, I was thrilled to read a book with no insta-love. There are hints of romance with great potential and I cant wait to see where Quinns heart goes.

Overall this was a quick read with lots of characters to love. Also a world with tons of mystery and possibly some kingdom rivalry with a mean prince named Tolliver at the helm of it. The mystery was interesting and I’m curious to how it started. I did wish there was some better connection between William and Quinn, there was just no spark for me that wanted them together. I look forward to seeing what happens next for Quinn now that she’s discovered Williams’ secret.


RECOMMENDATION:
This is a young adult novel that’s short and sweet; I feel would even be suitable for MG readers. Fans of Harry Potter by R.K. Rowling and Graceling Realm series by Kristin Cashore will enjoy Seeds of Discover by Breeana Puttroff.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review Seeds of Discovery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked this up as a freebie for Kindle and by the way it is still free :) Will have to move it up, sounds like a fun read. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete