Jan 10, 2013

{Review} of Onyx by Jennifer Armentrout

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

GENRE: YA Science Fiction
THEME: Aliens/Romance
RECEIVED: Bought
AUTHORS BLOG: Jennifer Armentrouts Site

BLURB:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

REVIEW:
Once again I’m addicted to a series by Jennifer Armentrout, her characters are just so unforgettable and the plot grabs me right from the start. The second in the Lux series I feel was better than the first, with lots more government secrets and involvement, which made the actions and pace non-stop.

Onyx follows Katy, who is trying her hardest to resist her very attractive but very alien neighbor Daemon. But with their connection, he isn’t making this easy for her and neither does the fact that Katy doesn’t feel like herself anymore. With the enemy hiding at every corner it’s hard to figure out which side is the right one, but Katy can’t say no to being near Daemon nor when they need each other to stay safe.

Katy, I swear I don’t think this girl knows how lucky she is, if I were in her shoes I would love having a guy or alien as smoking hot as Daemon wanting to keep me safe. Anyways, Katy is a real stubborn girl in this book, which I don’t blame her after finding out that aliens surround her whole neighborhood. As always the bickering, steamy and hilarious moments between Daemon and Katy are fantastic and are a major reason why I love this series so much. At some moments I felt that Katy needed to get over the fact of what Daemon is and that their connection was a “REAL” connection. In the end this story has a lot of extreme changes for her and put her in the middle of something bog and very dangerous.

Daemon, what can I say about this guy that everyone doesn’t already know. He’s still as sexy, frustrating and protective as ever. But this time around he’s trying his hardest to show Katy he really does want her and won’t stop until she feels it too. He also gets a bit of competition and boy… this guy doesn’t like competition. He has some mayor changes happen as well, mostly focusing on his family and alien kind. Let’s just say the ending was a shocker!

Overall I can’t get enough of this series, the action in Onyx is intense, the romance is steamier than ever and the danger is getting more and more extreme. I’m holding off reading the next one since I hear there is a cliffhanger and well I want to wait for the 4th is out to read book 3. This is a series that you shouldn’t be missing out, it has everything young adult readers would want, science fiction, romance, humor and lots of mystery and action, what more can you ask for? Don’t miss out on this, you’ll love Armentrouts wonderful writing and character building, that you’ll never want to put the book down.


RECOMMENDATION:
This is a young adult science fiction novel that is a perfect read for all teens and adults. Fans of Cat Patrick’s Revived novel and Stephanie Meyers The Host with love Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout.

View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit something. I started Obsidian but for some reason I had to put it down for a bit and read another book that came out at the same time. I've been meaning to get back to it but I've never found the time. :( Your review makes me want to pick it up right now and shove all the other books in my TBR pile aside. Glad you loved Onyx as much as the first. :D Daemon is sooo swoon-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg!! You'll love it Bailey I promise it was super good, Armentrout really knows how to make you love her characters and Daemon is one guy you wont forget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!
    So., at first I was hesitant to read this series.
    I was wary of jumping on the band wagon and being disappointed.
    But, after finally buying the ebook,
    I was hooked!
    I agree with you that this book was a bit better than the first, although I LOVED both immensely.
    I pre-ordered Opal and read it the day it came out!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete