Jan 23, 2012

{Review} of Lying Season by Karina Halle

Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)Lying Season by Karina Halle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

GENRE: Paranormal/Romance/Horror
THEME: Ghost
RECEIVED: For Review from Author
AUTHORS BLOG: Karina Halle's Site


BLURB:
Ama­teur ghost-hunter Perry Palomino has bat­tled ghosts, fought off skin­walk­ers and skirted the fine line between life and death. But can she sur­vive bunk­ing down in Seat­tle for a week with her partner (and man she secretly loves) Dex and his perfect girl­friend, Jennifer? And can she do so while being tor­mented by a mali­cious spirit from Dex’s increas­ingly shady past? With love and life in the bal­ance, Perry must dis­cover the truth among the lies or risk los­ing every­thing she's ever cared about.

REVIEW:
Okay so my first reaction to finishing this book was a long pause and then screaming “OH MY GOD!” Yep that was my initial reaction then I calmly put the book down and took a long breath, this was such a killer good fourth book in the Experiment in Terror Series.  Karina Halle really knows how to make me want to pull my hair out and frighten me at the same time with her ghost story.

Perry and Dex are back! But this time around Perry is getting herself into a different situation. The duo’s next haunted expedition is taking place in Seattle where Dex lives and his so called “perfect” girlfriend wants Perry to stay with them while she works with Dex on the show.  But not only does Perry have to deal with their cutesy and argumentative relationship, she also has to deal with her own relationship with Dex and it’s complicated. Then of course there’s the ghost and this one is a scary one and she’s from Dex’s past and popping up everywhere. What really doesn’t help the situation is that they’re a shooting the next show in a mental institute, where everything seems to go wrong.

Pretty much each time Dex and Perry go to shoot a new episode it gets more insane, scarier and dangerous. I really feel bad for Perry most of the time because of course she gets the worst of it.  The mental institute is probably in my mind one of the scariest place that anyone would go to and hunt for ghost. What they find there is everything and more of what they were looking for and it’s going to put them in major danger. Along with a competition ghost hunting show it really made for one awesome horror ride.

Perry I have to say is one hell of a girl, she deals with the ups and downs of everyone around her. Her parents are probably the worst parents ever, I don’t like them at all but her sister is great and really supporting her the most. Then she has to deal with Jenn, the annoyingly perfect girlfriend of Dex, who is really not perfect. I felt for Perry, she held it together pretty well and really stuck up for herself and opened up a lot more this time around. Dex doesn’t really make it easy for her to keep her emotions in when he really cares for her too.

The ghost are freaking scary, I swear as a fan of the television show ghost hunters I love this kind of stuff. But actually being there and hearing or even seeing ghost and the ones as creepy as in Lying Season I would be crying a lot. Lets just stay make sure your reading this one with the light on.

Overall I can’t get enough of this series, Lying Season hands down was fantastic. Yes, there are some grammar errors but they really didn’t bother me because I love this series.  The relationship with Dex and Perry just threw my heart around; I really love these two guys. They are both struggling in their own past lives but I’m pulling for them. The ending in this was insane and I was not prepared, so get prepared! I highly recommend this book!

RECOMMENDATION:
This is a mature young adult / adult story with very scary situations and fantastic mystery. I highly recommend this to fans of horror and paranormal enthusiast.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment