Jul 25, 2011

Guest Post: Author of Eternity Heather Terrell


Into The Past with Author Heather Terrell

Everyone Welcome author of the Fallen Angel Series Heather Terrell who is going to discuss her favorite books from ages 6, 11, 15 and 20.

The Chronicles of Narnia Boxed SetFor a voracious reader like myself, yours is a dream post!  But before I begin, I have a confession to make.  This might be embarrassing to admit, but I could read books at a crazy early age.  Like four.  Regular books, not picture books.  Now, I confess this not as a means of bragging, but as an explanation of what might seem as unusual book selections for the age, particularly the early years.

There are countless books I’ve adored over time, and not naming them all feels a little bit like not inviting a beloved friend to a party.  But here goes, a representative list of the many, many books I have loved over the years  . . . .

The Mists of AvalonAt the age of six, I can vividly remember reading The Little House on the Prairie books as well as The Chronicles of Narnia series.  Their historical and fantastical settings captured my imagination and hooked me into a life-long love of far-away worlds.  By eleven years old, I had moved onto other, more complicated realms.  I recall being enraptured by The Lord of the Rings books and the Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy.  At fifteen, my absolute favorite book was The Mists of Avalon.  I adored its retelling of the Arthurian legend from a woman’s point of view, a very new concept to me at the time.  Between fifteen and twenty, I started to mix in my preference for historical novels and fantasy with straight-up mysteries, classics, and the supernatural, a practice I 

continue to this day.  During these years, I would alternate Agatha Christie mysteries, Jane Austen and Edith Wharton, the Anne Rice books (my interest in vampires began long ago!), and my more typical historicals and fantasy novels.

As I look over my list, it is clear that the settings and themes that intrigued me when I was very, very young – monumental, unanswered questions found throughout time -- continue to fascinate me today.  Only now, I am fortunate enough to explore them myself through my own fiction. 


Heather Thank you for stopping by Seeing Night Reviews for The {Teen} Book Scene Book Tour!


AUTHOR & TOUR INFORMATION

Follow the Eternity Book Tour : The {Teen} Book Scene

Heather Terrell Links: SiteFacebook | Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment