May 13, 2011

{Reviews} Bitten in Two by Jennifer Rardin


Bitten in Two by Jennifer Rardin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
THEME: Vampires/Magic
RECEIVED: Bought
AUTHOR: Jennifer Rardin

BLURB:
Jaz Parks here. I. Am. Pissed. Just as Vayl and I arrive in Morocco to secure an ancient artifact, he wakes up calling me by another woman’s name. And it’s not even a good one. But since any form of argument transforms him into an unholy terror, I’m forced to play along until the gang and I can figure out what kind of power has so vastly altered his perceptions. 
So it’s time for me to do what any well-trained assassin in my position might do. I attack. What follows is a hair-raising, breath-taking bullet train ride to the finish as the crew battles on multiple fronts. I now know what I have to do – I must return to hell one last time


REVIEW:

The 7th book in the Jaz Park series wasn’t my favorite but still had its kick butt action, Jazs’ sarcastic and tough girl appeal, Vayl being his charming self, and the rest of the crew dealing with the craziness that always surrounds them. I’ve been with this series since the beginning, of course, but since there was only one more book left I waited a bit to read book 7 until 8 got closer. I’m deeply saddened by the loss of Jennifer Rardin and will forever cherish her books and her wonderful writing.

This time the gang is looking for an artifact in Morocco that will help get rid of the demons possessing Jaz. But the major problem with that is a curse has been placed on Vayl and his stuck in the past and being a real jerk.

From the beginning of being introduced to Cole I forever have enjoyed his awesome bickering and laugh out loud moments with Jaz.  It was hard for me to get really into this book because Jaz was a bit on the mopey side with Vayl thinking she someone else

They also have to deal with the fact that a crazy female demon has her eyes on Cole. Making those three challenges to face in the book. Mostly due to the fact Cole and Jaz have a lot of scene time together, Cole's feeling are shown more and more. Since he was introduced he has always had feelings for her, he such a great guy too so I was a sucker for him in this one.

I felt horrible for Jaz through most of the book, Vayl was of course not himself so she felt really alone. There were a lot of parts where she had inner conversations with her self that I wasn’t quite sure I liked, but it helped her get through the hard situations. I still love the tension and romance between Vayl and Jaz, their relationship will always be one of my favorites. Overall this was another great addition to the series and I can’t wait to read the final book!

RECOMMENDATION:

This is an adult book with kicking action and lots of fighting. Fans of Chloe Neill’s Chicagoland Vampires series and Jennifer


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment