May 7, 2011

{Review} Tangled Threads by Jennifer Estep



Tangled Threads by Jennifer Estep
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
THEME: Element Magic
RECEIVED: Bought
AUTHOR: Jennifer Estep Site
PURCHASE: Amazon
BLURB:

I’d rather face a dozen lethal assassins any night than deal with something as tricky, convoluted, and fragile as my feelings. 

But here I am. Gin Blanco, the semi-retired assassin known as the Spider. Hovering outside sexy businessman Owen Grayson’s front door like a nervous teenage girl. One thing I like about Owen: he doesn’t shy away from my past—or my present. And right now I have a bull’s-eye on my forehead. 

Cold-blooded Fire elemental Mab Monroe has hired one of the smartest assassins in the business to trap me. Elektra LaFleur is skilled and efficient, with deadly electrical elemental magic as potent as my own Ice and Stone powers. Which means there’s a fifty-fifty chance one of us won’t survive this battle. I intend to kill LaFleur—or die trying—because Mab wants the assassin to take out my baby sister, Detective Bria Coolidge, too. 

The only problem is, Bria has no idea I’m her long-lost sibling . . . or that I’m the murderer she’s been chasing through Ashland for weeks. And what Bria doesn’t know just might get us both dead. . . 


REVIEW:
I wish some books would never end… I’m going to try to be patient and wait for Spiders Revenge. Jennifer Estep does it again with the next installment to the Elemental Assassins Series Tangled Threads. Can I just add that I really want to have power over an element, I don’t care which one but it would be absolutely wicked!

* Bit of Spoilers If you haven’t read the past books*

Gin is more determined than ever to take down the evil and most powerful Fire Element baddie Mab. But this time she’s got a bigger challenge than the normal bad guys, another elemental assassin is brought to town to kill Gin and she has one hell of a spark…and I mean that in the literal sense.

Gin kicks some major booty in this and I know she normal does anyways but its increased with each book. Now she has an awesome crew to help her out, including her long lost sister Bria whose back in this book. Gin will do anything to protect her and her friends.

I have to say I just loved Owen in this book…my goodness where are all the Owens hiding.  He is supportive and loving, plus he doesn’t care about what Gin does and is. The only part that I kept getting angry at was how much Gin was so worried and thinking Owen was going to change his mind about her, it frustrated me a bit. It is very clear Owen is just as determined as Gin to stop Mab and his heart belongs to Gin not matter what.

Again the whole gang is back and really working as a team now. I read this book all in one sitting because so much happened that I needed to finish.  I can’t get enough of this series! I highly recommend this series.

RECOMMENDATION:
This is an adult novel, violence and some sexual content. If you’re a fan of Chloe Neill and Jenna Black than this is the series for you. All the kick butt action, romance, magic, and amazing story that will keep you on your toes.

View all my reviews


1 comment:

  1. This series sounds great! I have read Jennifer Estep's Bigtime series and I love them so I will have to try the Elemental Assassins!!

    ReplyDelete