Jun 6, 2018

{Review} Piece of Work by Staci Hart

Piece of WorkPiece of Work by Staci Hart
GENRE: Contemporary
THEME: Mature Romance, Art, Drama
RECEIVED: KU
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Piece of Work
Piece of Work
by Staci Hart

3.97 · 993 Ratings · 

BLURB:
Marble isn’t the only thing that’s hard at this museum.

His body is as chiseled as Adonis. His lips are as sculpted as David. And his ego is the size of the Guggenheim.

You know the type—wolfish smile and the gravity of a black hole. The kind of man who sucks all the air from the room the second he enters it. My cocky boss thinks this internship was wasted on me, and he doesn’t hesitate to let me know.

But he’s wrong, and I’m going to prove it to him. If I can stay away from his devil lips, that is. Lips that cut me down and kiss me in the same breath, leaving me certain he’s on a mission to ruin my life.

And maybe my heart, too.

REVIEW:
This is my first book by Staci Hart and I really enjoyed the concept of the romance, especially the lead female being a smart as heck, beautiful tall Asian girl. She rocked it, totally nerd power.

The beginning was great, I loved watching Rin’s growth, she seriously was the whole story, her confidence, her smart and devotion to her work. She was awesome. Starting off as an awkward but hard-working intern, she may not of had a great idea of fashion sense, but she knew her art and will do anything to prove herself. She it dealt with one blow after another, not only is her boss a total B-word, but the head of her department Court treats her as just another intern, until of course she proves herself valuable and shows that she can handle a challenge.

The chemistry between Rin and Court is off the charts hot, I love the boss and employee forbidden relationship. But what I loved even more is that just couldn’t resist each other, their smarty brains just fit perfectly. I liked that they brought out a strength in both when it came to work. However, I felt the Court was more immature than Rin when it came to making good relationship decisions. He was insensitive to her when it was about risking their jobs, he became selfish, and he knew it.

In the end I loved how it all come together, how Rin found her true self. My big issue was the middle of the book, it felt off, a little slow, and something just didn’t keep me connected to the characters and their journey as much as I would of liked. But again this was totally Rin’s story and she was absolutely the star.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment