May 14, 2015

{Thoughts of Thursday} The Duff and the Drama of High School



Thoughts on Thursday is a feature I've had on the blog for a while. This is where I pretty much discuss anything, even personal stuff, sometimes it will be book related but it's mostly to discuss what's been on my mind.

I just watch the movie The Duff the other day and it made me think of high school. All the clicks and popularity contest that constantly went on...such drama. I haven't had the chance to read the book but I adored the meaning the movie represented, that being who you are and just be the better of who you are. 

It's funny to think back to the "mean girl" in school, "the nerd", "the jock", etc. but thankfully I went to a school that I knew everyone from a young age so it wasnt hard to talk to "jock" or the "popular girl".  There were the new kids however that thought they were "gold" and well... lets just say they are forgettable to me because they thought they were the best of the best.

Anyways, I'm curious now about reading the book, so for those who read it. Tell me yay or nay because I thought the movie was hilarious and so true to some of the things I saw in high school. Also tell me if you had any drama experience in high school, is The Duff similar to what you experienced?

BLURB:

Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn’t think she’s the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She’s also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her “the Duff,” she throws her Coke in his face.

But things aren’t so great at home right now, and Bianca is desperate for a distraction. She ends up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with him.
Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn’t such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she’s falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment