Jul 9, 2013

Teaser tuesday {63} The Thing About Weres by Leigh Evans



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!(make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!!

My Teaser:
I gazed at the passage to Merenwyn for a moment, faint hope stirring despite my massive misgivings.

Was there really a dead end that didn't lead to purgatory? One with a little cabinet fixed to that wall - inside that small bottle of magic with a DINK ME label? One sprint through the portal and he'll be healed?

Kindle Pages 5776 of 6659  The Thing About Weres by Leigh Evans
What's your teaser for Tuesday?

BLURB:

THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER

In the never-ending saga that is my love-hate relationship with Robson Trowbridge, I, half-Were Hedi Peacock, have had a change of heart. Ever since I shoved Trowbridge through the Gates of Merenwyn, I’ve been the leader of the pack—hard to believe, right? The thing is: I’m half-Fae. So even though my Were side is ready to heed the call of the wild, the other part of me is desperate to take flight. And much as it pains me to admit it, life without Trowbridge is really starting to were me down…

I AM WERE, HEAR ME ROAR.

To make matters worse, the wolves of Creemore want my blood—and the North American Council of Weres wants me dead. So I’m just counting the days until Trowbridge returns from the other realm…and comes to my brave rescue…and becomes my alpha mate. Wishful thinking? Of course it is. But given all the mess I’ve been through already, what’s the harm in doing a little bit of daisy-plucking? Besides, Trowbridge owes me bigtime. A girl can dream.


2 comments:

  1. Loving the mythology! Cool teaser. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting though I'm not sure what I think about a heroine who is just waiting to be rescued. My teasers this week are from Playing to Win by Jaci Burton and Wednesdays in the Tower by Jessica Day George. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete