Jan 24, 2013

{Thoughts on Thursday} Series that are ending!

Thoughts on Thursday is a feature on Seeing Night Reviews that focuses on current events in the book world, author news, and anything book releated in general I would like to discuss.

This weeks Thoughts on Thursday topic is: Series that are ending! I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who is sadden by the end of a long series or even a series that is a trilogy.

Yesterday was a lucky day for me, I joined many fellow book lovers for the ARCPARTY with EpicReads on twitter, where they spoiled us with many upcoming titles (Look Here). I won the huge prize pack of 20+ titles!? What!? So awesome! Thanks to the wonderful ladies who hosted the party at EpicReads. But what many of us noticed in the pile and lately is that many series are coming to an end.

Such as: Hereafter series by Tara Hudson, Revenants series by Amy Plum, Angelfire series by Courtney Allison Moulton, The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano, The Goddess Test series by Aimee Carter and that's to name a few. It always breaks my heart to leave these characters and the world that was created by these wonderful authors.

My #1 most sad about series that is ending: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter. I absolutley love greek mythology and the story of Hades and Zeus. I loved the romance and how its slowly developed instead of an insta love. Though its only been three books I felt that the pace was well thought out and that three is a perfect number to end for this series. I don't think a series should ever drag on. I'm excited to read the final book!

My #1 most loved character in a series ending: Ellie from the Angelfire series by Allison Moulton. I have high respect for a girl who can keep but especially one that has a prepare to get into the middle of a battle between heaven and hell.


Which series have you followed from the begining and are really going to miss? Who are your favorite characters?

But alas there are new series to come! New characters to love and new teams to follow! What are some titles your looking forward to in 2013?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win! That's wonderful!

    The one series that came to mind for me for series ending this year would be Rachel Vincent's "Soul Screamers" series. I've really enjoyed that one. We won't talk about how sad I was though when her Shifter series ended. I still miss that series *sigh* Spin-off please! :-)

    For new series, I'm really looking forward to "The Collector" (Dante Walker #1) by Victoria Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I totally miss her shifter series as well I loved it so much. Im a bit behind on her soul screamer series but I have enjoyed it so far.

    AHHH!! Same here I cant wait for The Collector I pre-ordered it the other day!

    ReplyDelete