Sep 26, 2011

{Review} of Dead Sky Morning by Karina Halle

Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3)Dead Sky Morning by Karina Halle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

GENRE: Paranormal Romance/Horror
THEME: Ghost/Romance
RECEIVED: Received for Review from Author
AUTHORS BLOG: Karina Halles Site

GET THE WIDGET FOR OCT 13TH!

BLURB:
With the Experiment in Terror show finding some success, amateur ghost hunters Perry Palomino and Dex Foray embark on their most terrifying investigation yet. A tiny, fog-shrouded island in the rough strait between British Columbia and Washington State has held a dark secret for decades: It was a former leper colony where over forty souls were left to rot, die and bury each other. Now a functioning campground, Perry and Dex spend an isolated weekend there to investigate potential hauntings but as the duo quickly find out, there is more to fear on D’Arcy Island than just ghosts. The island quickly pits partner against partner, spiraling the pair into madness that serves to destroy their sanity, their relationship and their very lives.

REVIEW:
I have one thing to say about this series “I Just Cant Get Enough!” Yes I love it and now finishing the third book, I already want that fourth book in my hands. Karina Halle really knows how to write horror mixed with some mystery, romance and humor, which makes her thrilling Experiment in Terror novels.

The duo is back, Perry and Dex set off on another crazy and really intense ghost adventure in good old British Columbia. An island known for holding a leper colony, where many died and known to haunt is their next stop.  But this island might be the scariest adventure yet and really tests Dex and Perry in not only keeping sane but testing the waters of their relationship.

Last book Perry and Dex finally had their moment, which I danced around like a schoolgirl in my living room when it happened. But where that book ended this one begins and Dex is still with that ‘what’s her name” and Perry is still wondering what is going on between them.

Perry has some intense moments that made me hold my breath. This girl has gotten in so much danger; I have no idea how she could get through it.  The ghosts were really doing a number on her in this book and I was pretty freaked out by the stuff that happened to both of them. Halle really knows how to make you jump out of your seat.

Dex really ticked me off this time around, I just want him to figure things out and stop tugging Perry along like a lost puppy. Perry is a tough girl and she deals with a lot, I hope that Dex will finally see that Perry can help him and much as he can help her. Their relationship was booming this time around with snarky humor and moments that made me do another happy dance.

Overall, I loved it and Halle gave me the chills with her ghost story that made me smile with the humor and romance. But I loved how there is always a serious tone and how these two characters really equal each other out. I can’t wait to see what scary adventures are next. I highly recommend this series, Karina Halle has become one of my favorite authors of the year!

RECOMMENDATION:
This is a mature young adult / adult story with very scary situations and fantastic mystery. I highly recommend this to fans of horror and paranormal enthusiast.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment