Jun 6, 2011

{Review} Shimmerspell: A Faerie Tale Girl Novella by Kimberly Spencer

Shimmerspell: A Faerie Tale Girl Novella, #1Shimmerspell: A Faerie Tale Girl Novella, #1 by Kimberly Spencer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
GENRE: YA Paranormal
THEME: Fae/Magic
RECEIVED: Received for Review from Author
AUTHORS SITE: Kimberly Spencers Blog

BLURB:
When sixteen-year-old Jensen Meadows is cut off from her sister and finds herself caught in the middle of an ancient faerie war, she quickly learns that faeries aren't made of sparkly goodness. They're vicious. And worse, they're after her.

With the help of Liam Casey, she searches for her sister and begins to suspect that her whole life has been nothing more than a faerie tale.

But what if the truth turns out to be more than she can handle?

REVIEW:

Shimmerspell by Kimberly Spencer was a fun read! As for novella’s it was a quick one, but a lot happened where it almost felt like a whole book. I also found the cover to be beautifully intriguing with the characters eyes, it defiantly caught my attention.

Jensen is a sixteen-year-old girl who lives a life moving around place to place with her older sister, who is a con artist. But after Jensen meets a mysterious boy named Liam, who gives off some strange vibes her world changes into something she never imagined. Her sister disappears and Jensen finds out there is some major history and magic in her families past.

I enjoyed the quick pace of the story, but at times I felt almost too overwhelmed with the information and twist through out. The legends of King Arthur are a major connection to this story and Jensen’s family but adding the twist of the Fae. It is a great mix and I’m interested to learn a little more about the Fae since we got bits a pieces.

Many characters are introduced, Jensen the female protagonist is a determined young girl who is learning a lot about her self as she goes on this journey into the fairy world. The male lead is Liam, who is all sorts of mystery as well as being very attractive. The two have some great chemistry with each other and I can’t wait to see how it progresses. The secondary characters are fun and great support to Liam and Jensen, most of all Fee who is full of spunk.

I’m really interested to learn more about Jensen’s sister whose character I found the most intriguing even though she wasn’t really in the book a lot. She has a great twist to whom she’s connected to and why she disappears and leaves her sister.

Overall this was a fun read and I recommend this to all YA fans, especially those who enjoy Fae and the Tales of King Arthur.


View all my reviews

PURCHASE: Shimmerspell by Kimberly Spencer


1 comment:

  1. Interesting review, the book looks really intriguing and that cover is gorgeous.

    I'm kind of new to your blog, but I love how you've got the received from listed up with the genre etc at the top of the review. It's a really nice format for listing a review. I was wondering if you'd be offended if I used that on my blog? Not the review of course, but listing the received from at the top rather than fumbling through telling where the book came from in the middle of the review. It never sounds quite right in the middle of a review when I put it into the text and I never thought of listing that up with the book information.

    Thanks for posting the review, I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete