Jun 5, 2017

{Review} The Opposite of You by Rachel Higginson

The Opposite of You by Rachel Higginson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

GENRE: Contemporary
THEME: Romance, Humor, FOOD
RECEIVED: Kindle Unlimited

BLURB:

I’ve sworn off men.

All men.

Famous last words, right? You’re expecting some epic tale of reluctant love and my dramatic change of heart? Well, you’re not going to get it.

I’m stubborn. And headstrong. And I’ve just survived the worst three years of my life. After escaping an abusive boyfriend to live in hostels and cheap hotels while I worked my way across Europe, I’ve come to two conclusions.

The first? Now that I’m back home, I’m going to squander my expensive culinary degree on a food truck that caters to the late night drunk crowd.

The second? I’m going to prove to the bastard across the plaza that my street food is better than his fussy five course monstrosities.

Killian Quinn might be Food and Wine’s Chef to Watch Out For. He might have a Michelin Star. He might have every food critic in the city wrapped around his too-large fingers. But he’s also pretentious and unbearably arrogant and the very opposite of me.

So he can keep his unsolicited advice and his late night visits and his cocky smiles. I want none of it. Or him.

I want the opposite

REVIEW:

This was such a great find, I love discovering new authors and Rachel Higginson is now on my radar with this new series. I loved the humor, the passion of food, the romantic tension and the connection between the leads was off the charts.

The Opposite of You follows Vera, a woman who has a passion for cooking and one day being her own boss, Which she does, when she starts up a food truck business with the help of her best friend and family. However Vera has one problem and its right across the street and an exclusive and very popular restaurant. Killian is not too keen on having an food truck right in front of his restaurant, his arrogant nature challenges Vera and the two spark up a bit of a competitive relationship that starts burning into something else.

Vera is a force to be reckoned with, she is a great chef that really just needed a challenge, which comes in the form of her neighbor Killian who makes sure to push as many buttons as he can with her. I loved that she yearned to be something more, after a disastrous paste relationship wreaked her spirit. She has a ton of spunk and her relationship with her father and bother are sweet and hilarious, they all show a ton of love for each other.

Killian is an arrogant Michelin Star chef, who knows he's one of the best around and wants nothing more than to stay that way. However he feels Vera truck is an eye sore, that is until he taste her food and sees that she has a ton of potentials to become something more. Days to day they challenge each other, well more Killian irritating Vera to no ends with his review of her dishes, even sending spies to taste her food. I found him hilarious but also sweet, he knows she's good and is trying in a crazy way to bring out the best in her.

Overall I loved this romance, it was fun, sexy, and had me laughing and crying at the same time. Higginson created a great connection between two people who know their passion for food and both needed a little push in a different direction. I highly recommend this for someone looking for humor and great chemistry, the romance is hot and I couldn't get enough.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment