Jun 27, 2017

{Review} The Coppersmith Farmhouse by Devney Perry

The Coppersmith Farmhouse by Devney Perry

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

GENRE: Contemporary
THEME: Romance, Mystery, Mature
RECEIVED: Bought

BLURB:

One old farmhouse brought them together. It could also tear them apart.

Gigi has just uprooted her whole world to start a new life. The unexpected gift of a farmhouse in small-town Montana is just what she and her daughter need to escape big-city loneliness. The last thing she needs is attitude from the town’s sheriff, the most perfectly attractive and ruggedly handsome man she’s ever laid eyes on—and a complete jerk.

Jess knows all about women like Gigi. Beautiful. Sexy. Scheming. She’s stolen his sanctuary, the farmhouse that should have been his. But along with a face full of freckles, she’s got a sharp wit and a backbone of steel—something he doesn’t discover until after making a complete fool of himself. If he can earn back her trust and win her heart, he might just find the home he’s always needed.

REVIEW:

I waited a bit to dig into The Coppersmith Farmhouse, after reading some reviews from both those who loved it to those who went on a rant, which I love to read every point of view. But darn I wish I read this one sooner, I loved it, many compare this to Kristen Ashley who is my ultimate to go author and have an issue with OTT alpha males, the biggest difference with Perry’s alpha male is the he apologizes when he’s wrong, he knows he did something wrong and he owns up to it, where Ashley’s men more grunt and or beat around the bush when they know their wrong, which I love too. Anyways I love the cover design too, as a graphic designer I love when a fellow artist really brings in the “feels” and vibe from the hometown in this book sounds warm, peaceful and beautiful. Okay now onto the review…

The Coppersmith Farmhouse follows Gigi and her daughter Rowen who have left the city for Prescott, a small down where their friend and pretty much adoptive grandfather, Ben, left them a house to live in. Gigi is excited for the new life change and already starting to like her new job as a nurse in the local hospital, until she meets the Sheriff. Sheriff Jess Cleary aka The Brick, is not too happy about Gigi moving into his longtime friend’s house, a man whom he respected and took care of his farmhouse for years. He thinks Gigi may have befriended Ben to get something from him. But Gigi is not too keen on how Jess treats her and puts him in his place. When the towns bad boy and drug dealer starts to cause problems, and Jess and Gigi become targets of something big, the two of them start down an interesting path of love, trust and determination to keep each other safe.

Gigi is a sweetheart, I loved her spitfire attitude toward Jess, yah she caves a little too easy sometimes but he does apologize for his rude behavior on multiple accounts. But what I loved about her the most is her love and devotion towards her daughter Ro, they have a sweet and loving relationship and she is a mamma bear, no one hurts her daughter or puts her in danger.

Jess is the towns protector and his alpha demeanor and presence is a shock to poor Gigi who gets put on his list as someone to protect. He also has to deal with the drugs that are running around town with kids and some bad people who want to run the town, but he seems to always be one step behind. I felt for him, he was so close but just couldn’t put his finger on who was really in charge.

Overall, I loved this book, it had everything for me that I love in stories, romance, great characters, entertaining secondary characters, a town of hilarious and nosey people, and a mystery that had me guessing, well I didn’t figure out who it was before poor Jess. In the end, I highly recommend this series, I’ve already started the second and it’s just as good.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment