Apr 25, 2017

{Review} Under Locke by Mariana Zapata

Under Locke by Mariana Zapata

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

GENRE: Contemporary
THEME: Romance, Bikers, Mature
RECEIVED: Bought

BLURB:

He was my boss, my brother’s friend, a Widower, an ex-felon, and a man I’d seen casually with a handful of women. But he was everything that gripped me, both the good and the bad. Worst case scenario if things turned awkward between us, I could go somewhere else. I’d gotten over epic heartbreak before, one more wouldn’t kill me.

After moving to Austin following six months of unemployment back home, Iris Taylor knows she should be glad to have landed a job so quickly... even if the business is owned by a member of the same motorcycle club her estranged father used to belong to. Except Dex Locke might just be the biggest jerk she’s ever met. He’s rude, impatient and doesn’t know how to tell time.

And the last thing they ever expected was each other.

But it was either the strip club or the tattoo shop.

… she should have chosen the strip club.

REVIEW:

This was my first introduction to Mariana Zapata, which led me to be hooked to a couple other titles of hers. She is a great romance writer, really knows how to create emotion and connect her characters deeply. I loved the build up with the romance, lot’s of angst and spark.

Under Locke follows Iris who needs a job fast, with her dwindling bank account, she gets the help from her biker brother at a tattoo shop. The group is full of colorful people, but she immediately clashes with the owner Dex who doesn’t want her there. But with all angst starting relationships, these two build something that neither can resist.

Iris is a sweet girl that has hit a real bump in the road. Her feisty but lovable biker brother Sonny loves her to pieces and helps her get this job. I feel he mainly got her the job to keep an eye on her. Right off she has no connection with Dex, which was great, I love when a relationship is built up and you really feel the growth. Iris doesn’t really see how she kept putting herself in danger walking alone in the area of the tattoo shop, so Dex caves and becomes concerned with her safety. Alas the alpha male of him brings out a soft side too.

But Iris troubles are about to come crashing down on her, She and Sonny’s father, a biker himself, put both of them in serious danger. Dex becomes more to her and his tough exterior crumbles even more. I don’t want to give away too much, but I love the tension, suspense and romance, Iris and Dex go through a major rollercoaster and it seems like they never catch a break.

Overall I really enjoyed this book, I wish I knew about it along time ago and it did remind me a little of my favorite author Kristen Ashley, so some may like the romance connection there. This was a fairly long book that I felt could have been a little shorter, but it was still a great read.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment