Aug 4, 2016

{Review} Crow by A. Zavarelli

Crow by A. Zavarelli
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

GENRE: Romance
THEME: Mob, Contemporary, Mature
RECEIVED: Bought

BLURB:
He’s a killer. A mobster.

The last man on earth I’d ever want to be with. I won’t lose my head just because he’s hot, Irish, and has a wicked accent to boot.

He’s one of the only leads in my best friend’s disappearance, and I don’t trust him.
So I’ve got a few rules in mind when it comes to dealing with Lachlan Crow.

1. Keep a clear head and don’t get distracted.
2. Do what’s necessary and never forget why you’re there.
3. Never, and I mean never, fall for him.

Fourth and final rule?

Throw out the book altogether. Because the rules don’t apply when it comes to the Irish mafia.

It was only supposed to be temporary, but now Lachlan thinks he owns me. He says he’s not letting me go.

And I believe him.

***

Lachlan.

I don’t know who she is. I don’t know why she’s here.

But if it’s my attention she wants, she has it.

The Russians want her dead, and now it’s up to me to look out for her. This girl is trouble. A distraction I can’t afford.

So why have I already decided she’s mine?

I’ve claimed her and there’s no going back now.

REVIEW:

I’m easing my way back into a good reading cycle and wanted to start off with a bang. I was recommended Crow by a fellow reader and was sucked in immediately to this hard-core mafia world. I loved Zavarelli’s writing style and the great character development between the two very different leads.

Crow follows Mack, who is on the search for her missing friend. When the police and PI’s cant help her, she decides to take the task into her own hands. Meaning risking her life too infiltrate the Irish mafia. Mack catches the eye of one of the leaders, Lachlan, who is mean and hard-core to the bone. Mack doesn’t know what she’s in for when she starts working in this new world, but she’ll do anything to find her friend. Even more of a surprise, is that she’s not prepared to fall for Lachlan, whom she doesn’t even know if she can trust. But with everyone having secrets, there is know way to tell who is telling the truth and who is going to stab someone in the back.

Mack is the definition of “bad-ass woman”, she is a fighter, like her father was. But also she doesn’t back down when face with the possibly she’s going to die. Her connection to Lachlan is intense, they of course don’t get along at first, but the tension is insane and I couldn’t wait for these two to hit it off. She also develops a soft spot for one of her fellow co-workers that she ends up becoming great friends with. I liked how she had her back and wanted to protect her from some real scary jerks.

Lachlan, oh this man is hard to describe…but I fell hard for this bad boy. He oozes sexy, dark and dangerous. He is the possible next in line to take over the Irish Mafia, and now that Mack has appeared, she a distraction he doesn’t need but defiantly wants. Lachlan changes a bit, but he’s still continues to be the hard-core criminal just opens up to Mack and pretty much will take down anyone who looks at her wrong.

Overall, I loved the romance; I needed something like this story to get me back into the reading mode. Both characters are very flawed in the best of ways and don’t care that there is going to be many challenges for them ahead. There is violence, so don’t get me wrong, but its not to the extreme where it will make you not want to read it. This is only the first book in the series and I love how the story concludes but we will find out how they progress in the future books.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment