Mar 10, 2015

{Review} of Tamed by Stacey Kennedy

Tamed by Stacey Kennedy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

GENRE: Erotica
THEME: Romance, BDSM, Contemporary
RECEIVED: Netgalley

BLURB:

Porter Marshall has nearly achieved his goal of becoming a Club Sin Master, but his new sub poses a much bigger challenge than he anticipated. Despite their mutual attraction and red-hot dungeon sessions, Kenzie Hart plays her own games. Her bratty, you-can’t-break-me attitude masks terrible personal hurt—pain that only the exquisite touch of a skilled Dom can release. But when Porter suggests taking their connection to the outside world, Kenzie denies him . . . which only makes him want her more.

Kenzie can’t ignore the raw, fierce bond she has with Porter. But she can’t give in to his dangerous demands, either. Is the passion they share real, or is he using her to solidify his status at Club Sin? And yet, who else can she trust with the shattering secrets she holds within? As Porter expertly brings her to the point of no return, Kenzie surrenders her body—and, piece by piece, her heart.

REVIEW:

I’m a long time fan of Stacey Kennedy and her Club Sin series is so very addicting,, she creates such amazing connections between her two leads in ever book, I can never get enough. I was extremely excited for this book because it focuses on the toughest and probably most damaged of the submissive. I didn’t know if I was going to like Kenzie, but I was intrigued by why she was the way she was, I knew she had to have something bad happened to her but it wasn’t what I thought. There were a ton of surprises and I was so pleased Kennedy chose Porter; he’s been a favorite of mine since Cora’s story.

Tamed follows Kenzie Hart, known for her bratty and rude behavior towards all doms in club sin, she is not an easy one to handle. But when Porter Marshall is paired with her for one month, she is challenged by the dom in more ways that one. He knows how to handle Kenzie, his patients and understand of her drives her crazy, both good and bad. And when her life outside of the club gets a bit dangerous, he comes to her aid as well as tries to heal old wounds. But will Kenzie let go of her past and her stubbornness and let Porter truly dominate her, or will Porter move on after one month?

Kenzie has always interested me from the first time she was introduced. I thought she was a little nutty, after reading about her love for picking on doms and enjoying pain so much. But in Tamed I was happy to see that she didn’t need intense scene to feel passion, she needed someone who could show her true intimacy and care. I also was intrigued to find out that in her life outside the club shes a book owner who truly loves her store. Someone who loved her gave the store to her and she would do anything to protect it. Porter is someone who matches Kenzie so well and I love how they connected so perfectly.

Porter isn’t a club master just yet, he has to earn that status and has to do so by being challenged with the most difficult submissive. But Porter has watched Kenzie, he knows what she enjoys and that she knows she’ll get what she wants from her doms, but Porter wont allow that. He doesn’t punish her for her rudeness the normal way, he takes away what she feels she needs and shows her what she actually needs. I loved this guy, he was so freaking patient and attentive, he figured out Kenzie and worked with her even though she tries to defy him so much.

Overall this was one of my favorites because it focused so much on Kenzie discovering herself not as a submissive but as a person who can finally let someone care for her. Kenzie was so tough on herself but when all she needed was to be understanding and connection. The side story of her business being in danger added to the intense connection she and Porter shared and built on. The readers will also be happy to see the past couples’ stories also progressing. I love revisiting them all and seeing how they have moved forward. In the end I cant wait to see whats next for all the couples but what Kennnedy is going to write for Sawyer who is the final Dom in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment