Jan 22, 2014

{Weekly Rewind} Bitten by Kelley Armstrong



Weekly Rewind is a feature that on SNR where I discuss a past book that I enjoyed, one that I would recommend and love to read again and again. As well as upcoming books in long running series.

This weeks rewind: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

Blurb:
Elena Michaels is a werewolf. She tries to be human, but the man whose bite changed her existence forever, and his legacy, continue to haunt her. Thrown into a desperate war for survival that tests her allegiance to a secret clan of werewolves, Elena must reconsider who and what she is.

Why Bitten??

I chose Bitten because my love for the series was awaken again by the recent launch of the tv series on the SyFy channel. After watching the first episode I realized how much I missed the women of the Otherworld series and that Armstrong created a great list of characters. From witches, werewolves, demons and necromancers, I never really thought about how great this series was even though I followed it from beginning to end.

For me it's really interesting to see hollywoods take on something such as a favorite book series. I know most are concerned about it getting ruined, or the characters just aren't matching what actors are chosen and so on. So far the actress chosen for Elena is spot on, she has a feminine side but you can tell she can take care of herself with her tough persona. The boys are going to have to grow on me, especially Clay. Jeremy and Clay are largely focused on in Armstrong's series and I had a whole other vision for them.

What about you? Any shows or movies that you wanted to love but felt something about it should of been changed?

No comments:

Post a Comment