Jun 20, 2013

{Review} of Embracing the Wolf by Stephanie Nelson

Embracing the Wolf by Stephanie Nelson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

GENRE: Paranormal
THEME: Werewolves, Romance, Vampires
RECEIVED: Bought
AUTHORS BLOG: Stephanie Nelsons' Blog

BLURB:
For the first time, Anna Avery was looking forward to the future. She’s mated to her soul mate. The pack has become her new family, and she has friends she can confide in. She had every reason to look ahead, until a vision put her future happiness in jeopardy.

Someone is set on destroying her mate, Adam, and only Anna can prevent this possible future. While trying to unravel the hazy web of her premonition, she finds out the annual pack conference will take place on her mountain. And Adam’s parents will be attending. As only a “made” wolf, Anna will have to face their prejudice and possibly make the hardest decision she has ever had to make. Because saving Adam’s life might just mean walking away from him for forever.

REVIEW:

After reading the first book in the Anna Avery series in one sitting, I had to start book two Embracing the Wolf. I loved the first one so much with all the tension in the pack, Anna being a rarity and oh how much I love the alpha Adam. This one took a very shocking turn and I’m still trying to take it all in.

Embracing the Wolf follows Anna the once newbie in her pack and now is mated to the Alpha. She and the Alpha Adam share a unique bond and Anna must learn about her new place by his side. But when Anna’s visions take a turn for the worse, she worries about what she saw and if she can stop it. As wells as being the only “made” wolf she comes face to face with an old legend about her white wolf.

Anna is such a great character and has grown up a lot through the two books. I love her friendship with some of the pack members Elle and Sawyer, but even with them having her back she had some major challenges. This time around Anna had to defend her new place by Adams side against other female wolves visiting. As well as the very rude and uptight parents of Adam, who made it very difficult for her through most of the book. But nonetheless Anna’s heart was all for Adam (her Chante), even with his bother lurking around after he tried to kill her. I also enjoyed the story of the white wolf; Anna being a white wolf caused a lot of rumors among the wolves. My only issue was Anna change in personality was a little harsh, something happens that changed Anna and I’m still trying to see if I like it. She may be able to hold her own but I wanted her personality to stay the same, it will take some getting use too. What I did really enjoy is Anna embracing her visions more and working with Wade on how she can center in on her ability.

Adam is the same smoking hot and powerful alpha who devoutly loves Anna. He has a lot to deal with too next to Anna. He’s still very overprotective, but dealing with the hatred he has for his brother and how horrible his parents are being to Anna makes for not a great family reunion. I also felt for him when Anna’s personality did a shift, I’m hoping for the best for these two because I love them together. Nelson does a fantastic job with their chemistry and those intimate moments that really show their connection.

Overall I love how much more suspense there was this time around, along with my favorite part, digging more into pack life and wolf legends. The romance is fantastic, but I have to say the villain was a major shock and I applaud Nelson for this fantastic twist! One bit I’ve never been in fan of in all books in a love triangle and the way this one is set up I’m not really liking it, I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it fades away. In the end I’m super excited to see what adventure lie ahead for Anna, Elle and Sawyer as they travel. Anna has a lot to learn still and I can’t wait to see what she does next.


RECOMMENDATION:

This is an adult novel with sexual content that is for mature readers. If you’re a fan of Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series or Larissa Iones’ Demonica series, you will love Taming the Wolf by Stephanie Nelson

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment