Nov 16, 2012

{Review} of Into the Hollow by Karina Halle

Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6)Into the Hollow by Karina Halle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

GENRE: Horror
THEME: Paranormal/Romance
RECEIVED: Author
AUTHORS BLOG: Karina Halle's Site

BLURB:
Perry Palomino has fought her demons – and won – but the battle is far from over. She’s now left broken and on her own, leaving behind her life and family in Portland to focus on giving Dex Foray – and the Experiment in Terror show – a second chance. But their past mistakes continue to tease and test their relationship, as does the wild and desolate terrain of the Canadian Rockies. The snow-covered peaks and ravenous forests hide an urban legend too unbelievably frightening to be true and the only way the duo has a chance of surviving is if Perry can let in the very man who sent her to hell and back.

REVIEW:
Karina Halle does it again, I swear Halle is reading my mind when it comes to this series; she nailed it in Into the Hollow with the plot and emotional romance. Perry and Dex are such a complex duo and really have a lot to learn and guide each other through some major flaws. I think that’s what I love most about this series is that both leads are not perfect and have so many flaws that the reader can relate and connect to them.

Into the Hollow follows Perry as she is just trying to put herself together after being saved by Dex from a possession. As well as being carted off a hospital by her parents because they think she’s loosing it. But thankfully Perry has finally had it with her unsupportive parents and decided to take a risk, move to Seattle with the man that broke her heart. All the while Dex and Perry set off to the Canadian Rockies looking for a mysterious and dangerous creature where they fight for their lives and try to heal their hearts.

Perry rocked my socks this time around; FINALLY she told off her mother and expressed how she really felt. She loves her mother but seriously her parents just don’t have a clue or want to believe that Perry is just different. I was cheering for Perry when she moved out, even though she was taking a big risk moving in with Dex. I loved how she was trying to keep her pride while spending more time with him; I don’t blame the girl after what happened. Overall I felt that she grew up more and really is started to find her own path.

Dex, I love this messed up guy. He has so many issues but no ones perfect and he just stole my heart in this book. He along with Perry has changed a lot since they separated last. He is pretty much trying to make up for what he did to Perry and letting her know that he wants to fight for her trust again. As always he’s super protective of Perry but takes a step up in his maturity as well, well kind of he has his guy moments.

The scary side of Into the Hollow chilled me to the bones; Halle creates such an eerie setting and a creature that you never want to come face to face with. Dex and Perry get stuck in the middle of a cold forest and are running for their lives half the time. I enjoyed watching them work together again and their chemistry was off the charts in every scene. Some of the situations they got themselves in had me holding my breath, especially the chilling introduction.

Overall Into the Hollow was one hell of a book, the heart pumping and scary plot, with romance and humor that kept me reading in one sitting. I can’t get enough of Dex and Perry and I felt Halle did a fantastic job with how these two developed after everything that happened. I look forward to their next scary adventure. I wish I could give this whole series ten millions stars because its just that good, if you haven’t started this series your missing out!


RECOMMENDATION:
This is a mature young adult / adult story with very scary situations and fantastic mystery. I highly recommend this to fans of horror and paranormal enthusiast.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment