Jul 9, 2012

{Review} of Blood Before Sunrise by Amanda Bonilla

Blood Before Sunrise (Shaede Assassin, #2)Blood Before Sunrise by Amanda Bonilla
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
THEME: Romance, Paranormal
RECEIVED: Review for Tour
AUTHORS BLOG: Amanda Bonillas' Site

BLURB:
She needed a bargaining chip and this was it. Raif’s daughter’s life for hers. And he knew damn good and well I was right. Just like he’d assured me the night I’d killed Azriel, this was far from over. His daughter was alive, I knew it. And I was going to find her.”

For months Darian and her Shaede guardian Raif have searched for the Oracle who attempted to overthrow the Shaede Nation—and kill Darian in the bargain. But now that they’ve finally found the half-crazed Oracle, for their efforts they are granted a possibility too painful for Raif to imagine, and too enticing for Darian to ignore.

Darian is determined to reunite Raif and the daughter he thought was dead, but her mission quickly proves dangerous when her lover Tyler is almost killed. And when a brooding and mysterious Fae warrior offers his guidance—at an extraordinary price—Darian finds herself willing to risk everything. As her single-minded hunt turns into an obsession, and she and Tyler grow further apart, Darian finds herself caught between the man she loves like a brother, and the man whose love she can’t live without.

REVIEW:
I so love reading a second book in the series and loving it as much as I did the first book. Blood Before Sunrise, second book in the Shaede Assassin series by Amanda Bonilla rocked! It was full of everything I love about Urban Fantasies, the characters are better than ever, the action is always keeping me on my toes and of course the romance that turns the heat up. This series has climbed to the top of my list as one of my favorites. Let just say Bonilla knows how to keep her readers wanting more with this fantastic world she has created.

Blood Before Sunrise follows Darian, who once again puts herself in the middle of a whole lot of chaos. After finally tracking down the Oracle, who in her crazy state mentions that, Darian’s Guardian and friends Raif’s daughter is actually still alive. She sets off trying to find out where she is and getting herself deeper into danger, thus putting her lover and Jinn in the same boat. But she doesn’t seem realize her actions could have major consequences and that she could get more than she bargained for.

Darian, I could talk about this girl for hours, good and frustrating but she’s awesome no matter what. She tough and knows it very well, but what she doesn’t realizes is that by putting herself in the line of fire is having an extreme effect on her friends and lover. In this book she does a lot of acting and not a lot of thinking, which with the situation of finding her friends daughter it’s understandable but has a some fall backs. She gets sucked into the realm of the faerie and what she finds there is one heck of a wakeup call. Her life takes a whole new turn and at the end she’s dealt with a major hit that I hope she can fix.

Raif and Xander are back again of course, the Guardian and his arrogant High King of a brother seem to help Darian keep busy. Raif has become such a close friend and support; he really tries to keep her out of trouble but seems to fail at every turn. I really enjoyed that the readers get some more background on him and he has become one of my favorite characters. I also liked finding out about his
daughter, who she is and how she so important and connected to Darian. Xander, well he’s still the same full of himself jerk that makes me smile. But I’m interested to see what he does next to irritate Darian, especially after the sparring session.

Ty is once again the guys who heats up the pages in every scene he’s in, both in anger and in passion. I love this guy and really felt bad for him this time around, Darian really just didn’t see what she was doing to him and he was really at a loss of what to do. His temper and jealousy was sure entertaining and he really was trying to figure things out. But no matter what his love and devotion to Darian is heartfelt and I can’t get enough of these two together.

Overall I loved every page, every fight, every sarcasm and every bit of romance that Blood Before Sunrise had to offer. The villain is every bit of evil and dangerous and I couldn’t figure out how it was going to end, but boy was it awesome. For this book Darian is challenged in many ways and I hope she can learn from her many mistakes. I can’t wait to continue this series and if you haven’t started this one yet, then you’re missing out!


RECOMMENDATION:
This is an adult novel with some mature sexual content. Fans of M.J. Scotts the Half-Light City and Jennifer Estep Elemental Assassin series will absolutely getting addicted to the Shaede Assassin series by Amanda Bonilla.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment