Feb 10, 2012

{Review} of Inhale by Kendall Grey (ARC)

Inhale (Just Breathe, #1)Inhale by Kendall Grey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

GENRE: Urban Fantasy
THEME: Elementals, Romance
RECEIVED: For Review from Author
AUTHORS BLOG: Kendall Grey's Site


BLURB:
After years of suffocating under her boss’s scrutiny, whale biologist Zoe Morgan finally lands a job as director of a tagging project in Hervey Bay, Australia. Success Down Under all but guarantees her the promotion of a lifetime, and Zoe won’t let anything—or anyone—stand in her way. Not the whale voices she suddenly hears in her head, not the ex who won’t take no for an answer, and especially not the gorgeous figment of her imagination who keeps saving her from the fiery hell of her dreams. 

Gavin Cassidy hasn’t been called to help a human Wyldling in over a year, which is fine by him. Still blaming himself for the death of his partner, he keeps the guilt at bay by indulging in every excess his rock star persona affords. That is, until he’s summoned to protect Zoe from hungry Fyre Elementals and learns his new charge is the key to restoring order in the dying Dreaming. He never expects to fall for the feisty Dr. Morgan…nor does he realize he may have to sacrifice the woman he loves to save an entire country.

REVIEW:
I was hearing a lot of positive hype about Kendall Grey’s novel Inhale, the first in the Just Breathe trilogy and I couldn’t wait to read it. I was lucky enough to be one of the few to read this uniquely crafted romance story with an Urban Fantasy touch. This novel isn't released for a bit longer but I needed to get the word out so everyone could put this on their wish list!

Inhale is a story of two people who meet each other in a dream. While one of them knows the other truly exists, the other wishes deep down that their dream was actually real. It’s a twisted story of two destined lovers separated by the world of Dreaming.

Zoe Morgan is an animal lover/scientist who spends her life protecting whales, whom she feel such a strong connection too. Though she has a horrible past relationship with her boss and a distant mother, Zoe was a really easy character to love. She really kept her head up and moved forward in following her heart.

Gavin Cassidy, what many girls would call the ultimate bad boy. Once again I have fallen for a fiction character that I know will never exist. (My real husband always just shakes his head at me when I say how awesome the men are in the books I read.) Anyways, Gavin is a tattooed, Australian rock star with all the sexy appeal any girl could ask for. He also possesses a unique power and connection to Zoe. He as well is emotionally damaged from the past after a tragic loss of someone close to him. But the connection with Zoe and Gavin made the pages sizzle and I couldn’t get enough of those two.

Overall this story is a rich and fast paced novel that was creatively written and captured my attention in one sitting. The characters are full of life and I mean all, even the ones that were dubbed the villains. The reader will be thrown a lot of information but in the end the pieces fit perfectly together and make for a fantastic first part of this trilogy. Grey ended Inhaled perfectly enough that I wasn’t screaming at the end, even though I was holding my breath. I can’t wait for more and I’m extremely interested to see what this great new writer comes up with next.

RECOMMENDATION:
This is an adult series that contains adult content that is suitable for 18+. Fans of Hannah Jayne author of Under Attack and Allison Pan author of A Brush of Darkness will enjoy Inhale by Kendall Grey.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I thought I'd posted a thank you for this review, but apparently I did not! So sorry for the lateness, but I really appreciate you reading and reviewing INHALE. Thanks for the awesome comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete