Nov 11, 2011

{Review} of Spider's Revenge by Jennifer Estep

Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)Spider’s Revenge by Jennifer Estep
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

GENRE: Urban Fantasy
THEME: Magic
RECEIVED: Purchase
AUTHORS BLOG: Jennifer Esteps Site

BLURB:
Old habits die hard. And I plan on mur­der­ing some­one before the night is through. 

Killing used to be my reg­u­lar gig, after all. Gin Blanco, aka the Spi­der, assassin-for-hire. And I was very good at it. Now, I’m ready to make the one hit that truly mat­ters: Mab Mon­roe, the dan­ger­ous Fire ele­men­tal who mur­dered my fam­ily when I was thir­teen. 

Oh, I don’t think the mis­sion will be easy, but turns out it’s a bit more prob­lem­atic than expected. The bitch knows I’m com­ing for her. So now I’m up against the army of lethal bounty hunters she hired to track me down. She also put a price on my baby sister’s head. Keep­ing Bria safe is my first pri­or­ity. Tak­ing Mab out is a close sec­ond. 

Good thing I’ve got my pow­er­ful Stone and Ice magic — and my irre­sistible lover Owen Grayson — to watch my back. This bat­tle has been years in the mak­ing, and there’s a chance I won’t sur­vive. But if I’m going down, then Mab’s com­ing with me...no mat­ter what I have to do to make that happen.

REVIEW:
Spider’s Revenge is the 5th book in the Elemental Assassins series by Jennifer Estep and one of the most intense and suspenseful of all! I was ready for this to be the last shebang, with the final battle between Mab and our lead kick butt assassin Gin, but thankfully it looks like there will be more of Gin and the gang to come.

Gin aka the Spider is determined more than ever to get ride of Mab, the woman who took away her family and is out to kill everyone she loves including her long lost sister.  But after a mishap Mab knows that the Spider wants her dead and has hired some interesting baddies to come after her and her sister Bria.  Thankfully Gin has a crew of powerful and clever friends behind her including the man who is always by her side Owen and her Ice and Stone magic to help her. Gin will stop at nothing until Mab is gone.

I loved this book; definitely my ultimate favorite in the series. So much happened and the battle scenes were top notch.  Esteps writing sucked me into this series from the first book but Spiders Revenge really got in depth with my favorite characters. Gin really opens up and I love how tough but soft she is.

Bria and Gin, the two sisters really have a lot to learn about each other still and I like that its not rushed in developing.  Estep is showing the growth and trust that they both want from each other and what they need.

Owen Grayson, Gin’s lover and a man who knows how to make a girl squeal. I love his devotion and protectiveness of Gin, their relationship has grown into something more and I loved watching Gin as she’s tried to make herself forget the past hurt and let herself go and be with Owen.

Mab is the crazy manipulative and awesome villain that I can’t get enough of; she hits a major high note in Spider Revenge and its unforgettable. I would have to say Mab is the ultimate and best villain I’ve read about it a long time.

Overall this was fantastic, thrilling and the best action packed novel I’ve read for the year and I’m glad to know its not the end for this fantastic series and that soon I’ll be reading more on my favorite assassin Gin aka the Spider.

RECOMMENDATION:
This is an adult Urban Fantasy, recommended for fans of author Devon Monk of the Allie Beckstrom series and Keri Arthur of the Riley Jenson Guardian Series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment