May 26, 2011

Follow Friday! and Blog Hop {12}


Question this week from parajukee


Q. How many books do you read in a week? And in what format do you read them, or listen to them?

A.  For me it depends on my schedule. Right now I'm about to graduate so I have had less time to read so I probably can finish two -three books a week. Normally I can do 4-5 books a week. I have both print and ebook formats and love either or but I always have a spft spot for my print books. But if I'm really into a book it can get crazy and I can finish in a couple of hours so in the end it varies lol.



Question of the week: Crazy-For-Books
Q.  What book to movie adaption have you liked? What have you disliked?
A. The one I enjoyed the most would have to be The Notebook. I have never been to a movie where I actually saw the men and the boyfriends who were dragged by their girlfriends cry and I mean really cry. The book is emotional in itself and Nicholas Sparks wrote it beautifully. I felt the movie did this book justice and the actors portrayed them with such care and respect to the writer. I also recently enjoyed the movie I am Number four as well I thought they did a great job pulling both the book and movie together.
As for which I disliked I have to say the First Twilight movie was pretty bad. I loved the third and the second was decent but the first was horrible. I'm not sure if it's because the sparkling made me laugh out loud or the actress K Stew making Bella so blah and monotone that I wanted to scream of annoyance. I enjoyed the book before it became a craze and I still do but the movie I just felt missed its mark.

8 comments:

  1. I'm happy with 3/4 books a week depending on my schedule! Happy Friday!

    My FF Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and Happy Friday!

    All the best for graduation..

    I am ebook fan & try to read between 3-5 books a week, depending on time & book size :)

    My FF is here, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved the Notebook and it made me cry.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore The Notebook movie. I rarely watch it because it leaves me in floods!
    I feel the same away about Twilight (all of them really). I do enjoy them but Kstew makes Bella so Blah, like you said. I get frustrated watching it.

    Found you on the blog Hop http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh agreed re the first Twilight movie. It was cringeworthy. As for the tissues needed to get me through The Notebook - I haven't dared pick up the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you on The Notebook and I didn't see it until a couple of years after it came out. Now it's one of my favorite movies. And I don't even want to think about the first Twilight movie. It was just... aaah! :P Hope you have a wonderful Friday! New follower! ;)

    ~Loren
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let’s kick off Memorial Day Weekend with some scandal and controversy.

    I absolutely loved every minute of the Lord of the Rings films and felt they hit the mark when they brought Tolkien’s masterpiece to the big screen.
    (ducking as rotten tomatoes are thrown at me as the torches are lit and the pitchforks raised)

    Wait, wait. I can explain! Hop on over to my blog and hear me out – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree with you more on Twilight! The first one was awful. Had I seen it before reading the books I'm not sure I would have read the books.

    ReplyDelete