Apr 24, 2011

{Review} Absolution by P.L. Parker


Absolution
by P.L. Parker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
THEME: Vampires
RECEIVED: From Author
AUTHOR: P.L. Parker
PUBLISHER: Eternal Press
PURCHASE: Amazon Absolution

Synopsis:
For years, travelers in the French Vosges Mountains heard the wailing of a woman echo in the hollows. Her cries went unbidden. No one was brave enough to seek out the source. Over time, the screams lessen, then stop. Eventually, even the memories slipped away, forgotten.Six centuries later, two over-eager research assistants find and release the young half vampire, Chloe—unaware of events they unwittingly unleash with her.

Far away, other forces are aware of her awakening. Zaccarius, greatest of all the Slayers, is sent by the Council of Nine to seek out Chloe, determine her worth and render justice. Enticed by her purity and innocence, he becomes her protector. However, Jochad, the Dark Master and his army of evil vampires are eager to claim Chloe.
In the battle that ensues, Zaccarius falls beneath Jochad’s army. To save her lover, Chloe must make a choice. Ancient and dying, Jochad needs her blood to reanimate. His ultimatum—her blood or Zaccarius’ life.

REVIEW:

I’ve read a lot of vampire books in my time, but not one that actually has portrayed a vampire who isn’t either beautiful or scary looking. In Absolution the lead female vampire is very much in the state of mummification. I really thought this was a different twist to the normally intrigue that most vampire books carry.

Chloe is the lead female character found in her coffin by two young archeologists. Earl and Benny both are scared but fascinated by her existence and how she is still alive after all these years. They set of on a adventurous journey to help her survive.  Both the guys are hilarious together always bickering and doing something outrageous. They later meet up with Benny’s relative who is a great addition to the human companions that are trying to help. She not only is trying to recover from being in a coffin for years but powerful vampires are now after her too.  A lot of action lies ahead with many vampires coming their way.

Some of the story goes into how Chloe ended up in her coffin, she doesn’t remember how she got there. Parker does a great backstory about what Chloe is and how she came be and what her family hand to go through. My only complaint and this is probably only me, but the speech in the 1300s is hard for me to read.  I’m not much of a fan with the words ye and yer that was used back in that time. I guess it’s just an annoying speech for me to read. But that’s only my opinion.

My favorite part of the story was the three mortals Benny, Earl and Shauna, With Chloe trying to figure out who and what she is, the three of them use fiction books from the present to see what powers she has. It’s humorous and made me laugh a couple of times at all the stuff they had Chloe try out.

Zaccarius, the male lead is a slayer of evil vampires and is set out to check on Chloe once they hear of her awakening. He was the normal male hero, strong bold, and sexy with a passion for protecting Chloe. I liked the attraction between him and Chloe; their connection was sweet and passionate.

Absolution was a good love story, with comedy, vampires, adventure and romance. It carried a different appeal to me because its unique characters and suspense that surprised me till the end.


RECOMMENDATION:

This is an adult novel with some sexual content, fans of Paranormal Romance and vampires  with definitely enjoy this.




View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Looks like one fun read. I have yet to hear of this one. Unitl now ;)

    Happy Hoppy Easter to you my dear!

    I still have a giveaway open.  I will be closing it this coming Friday.  April 30th.  6 books are up for grabs if you are interested --->  Here  ;)

    Mad Scientist
    Steampunkery & Book Reviews
    For The L♥ve of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mad Scientist and thanks Seeing Night for the wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete