Mar 25, 2011

Review of Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine Bell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

GENRE: Adult, Science Fiction Fantasy, Romance
BOOK THEME: Time Travelers
RECEIVED: Arc copy from Carina Press
AUTHOR LINK :
Website



AMAZON DESCRIPTION:

I’m a time pirate-born in 1810, now a 21st-century woman. I travel through time trying to right wrongs without disrupting the fragile balance between what is and what can never be.
That’s why it’s vital that I go to 1836 and find the man who conned my brother out of his Time Travel Mechanism as quickly as possible. If the technology falls into the wrong hands, it could change the world as we know it. The notorious Duke of Leister definitely qualifies as the wrong hands. An amateur scientist of the slightly mad variety, he’s bound to figure out how to use the TTM sooner rather than later. I knew this wouldn’t be easy. But I wasn’t counting on him being as sexy as hell. Or winding up chained to his bed…


QUICK THOUGHTS:
Stormy and her Brother Bacon are travelers, but not the norm, because they travel through time. After Bacon loses his TTM, which takes them to whatever time they please. Since he lost in gambling Stormy takes it upon herself to find this Loony Duke who has Bacons TTM. But she doesn’t expect this duke to be smoking hot and not so loony.

REVIEW:
Twisted Tale of Stormy gales is a fun and entertaining short story, being only 25,000 words you get a great tale about two time travelers. After Bacon loses his TTM in a gamble the brother and sister duo go back in time to find the man known as Looney Leister who has the time travel piece.

Dressed as a gypsy, Stormy goes undercover to track down this man and help her brother. Little does she know that she’ll be face to face with Loony Leister and that he wont be easily tricked! Besides being handsome and clever Leister seems to have an interesting past that connects him to Stormy.

I can’t say much more because it’s a short story and too much detail will give away all the fun. But I enjoyed this tale and the characters are a bundle of fun especially Stormy, she’s a touch chick who will do anything to protect her brother and their secret. Adding in some steamy romance and some humor, why wouldn’t you want to check this out (:

I have to say I wish this story was longer, cause I was really enjoying the characters and the story was so original. I’m hoping that there might be a second or a lengthier addition to this one.

RECOMMENDATION:
This is an adult story that carries adult elements such as, sexual content but it’s all in good fun. This eBook will be released April 25th.



Rating

2 comments:

  1. Kristen, Thanks so much for taking the time to review my work. I am thrilled that you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I can't wait!

    Sara
    http://smreine.com/

    ReplyDelete