Mar 31, 2011

Happy Follow Friday! and Blog Hop



erts. For some reason I adore that book, but I just can't admit to loving anything by Nora Roberts. LOL


Q. What is the book that you really dont want to admit to loving?


Lately I would have to say Twilight. When the first book came out I was a supervisor at Borders and I loved promoting books. Know one knew what Twilight was, but I thought the cover was awesome and I read the back of it. I think we got about 8 copies and that was it too. But I bought it and read it and omg...I love it. So whenever people came in asking for a vampire book I said give this one a try and each time they came back and thanked me cause they loved it. But now that so many people are scary crazy about it... I just kind of go well I loved the books but uh yah thats about it. The movies arnt bad but, whenever I got to see one the girls are to suqeeish that they ruin the movie and what they book should represent. Okay...totally done ranting. lol


This weeks questions for Crazy-For-Books
Q."Since today is April Fool's Day in the USA, what is the best prank you have ever played on someone OR that someone has played on you?"

I once told my parents that I drove to LA. You see at the time my parents wouldnt let me out of the city because they thought I needed more years of driving experience. I always said one say Im just going to drive to LA which is two hours away. So on April Fools one night they called and I was with a lot of people, so I told them I was partying in LA. They didnt believe me at first until I sent them an old picture I had when I went to LA with family of a club. I was yelled at for about 20 mins until I reminded them what day it was... Now I live in San Diego and can drive anywhere I want lol.


15 comments:

  1. New follower.

    I am a new blogger that really likes your blog. :)

    If you have time check out my blog.
    Let's talk about books

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great prank! Have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too go to the bookstore just to visit lol.

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Helena @ Vamps R Us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg we gave almost exactly the same answer about books we don't want to admit liking! I expected to see that on more people's blogs actually

    ReplyDelete
  5. You naughty girl! worrying your parents like that lol!

    also, twilight.. -cringe-

    ReplyDelete
  6. My parents would have killed me. I'd be dead:) But, I'm kind of a wuss and lack the guts to actually come up with and execute a prank, so, go me! I'm just passing through on the hop to say hi and have a great weekend! I'm a new follower here and look forward to reading your reviews:)

    Jenny
    www.supernaturalsnark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that was not nice at all! Your poor parents - I would be terrified if one of my kids did that (esp. since the oldest is only 12).

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first I wasn't going to participate in this week's Book Blogger Hop. I'm not even sure why.

    But here I am. And I'm glad! To dispel any false impressions people may have had about me being a old, stodgy fuddy-duddy I'm happy to share some of my very best pranks with you.

    Highlights include - low-grade explosives, eggs and salt shakers. Get all the side-splitting details over on my blog - http://www.howardsherman.net

    They date back to my younger years as a Brooklyn boy which brings about some introspection.

    I'm going to go pull some pranks today. Look out world! I'm coming out of prankster retirement!
    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping by! I would have to say twilight is definitely understandable as a choice. It took me a really long time to finally pick up the series but Im glad I did !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by on the hop!
    Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I'm a new follower from the hop. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Loved your prank about going to LA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just hopping through. Hope you have a great weekend!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes on getting yelled at for 20 minutes...we do things like that as parents when we know our child might be in danger. :)

    I am stopping by from the blog hop.

    Hope you have a fun blog hop.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hopping by my blog. Twilight has such a stigma right now because it's a big part of pop culture. Have a great weekend!

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete